Saturday, November 28, 2015

Grayson at 10 Months


Grayson turned 10 months today. Here's what he's been up to the last couple of months--


  • He is officially cruising--pulling himself up to a standing position against furniture and walking along it--and has been for about a month-month and a half. Even though he hasn't tried walking or standing on his own, he loves walking along with his daddy and big sister while they hold onto his hands. 
  • He also loves exploring and being free! That said, he now hates his bouncer and play pen. But with a big dog and two very messy older siblings roaming around and tossing every little thing on the floor, those are the places he most finds himself. But when he does get the chance to crawl around a bit, he takes full advantage of it. 
  • He got his first two teeth last month (check them out in the photo above), and it looks like his top teeth might be making an appearance soon!
  • He can pull himself into a sitting position now. The first time I noticed this was in church. I looked over to him while he was playing on the floor, and there he was, sitting up on his heels. Like a big boy. I had to have a double-take, it took me off-guard so much. But now he goes from a crawl to sitting on his bum all the time, so I'm used to it.
  • Just like myself and Ally and Trey, he hates missing out on anything and just wants to be part of the group. He watches what we're all doing, laughs when we laugh, and puts his arms up to be tossed around by Daddy just like the other two. If I walk by him or away from him without picking him up, he cries, even if I'm just putting his bowl in the sink. 
  • He absolutely loves his baths. He cries when I take him out. He could be in the water all day if I were willing to put my knees through the torture to let him. 
  • He is fascinated by TV. He'll sit in his bouncer and get really absorbed into it. That's really bizarre for me to see because my older two weren't like that at his age.
  • He hates when I go to work. Every time I put on my black chef's jacket, he starts crying. He knows that that means I'm going to be gone for what I'm sure feels like forever, and he'll have to try to suck down that nasty formula out of that dumb plastic thing. I'm starting to get the feeling that weaning him in a couple of months is not going to be easy...
All-in-all, he's still doing great. I know that I mentioned him crying several times in that list, but those are about the only times he cries. He's still happy and smiley and easy-going most of the time. And he's due for another haircut. I think that'll make for four in his first year. Still love his hair!




No comments:

Post a Comment