Monday, October 19, 2015

Grayson's First Tooth

Grayson officially has his first tooth. And getting it was a doozy, let me tell ya. I don't really remember Trey or Ally fussing much when their teeth came in. That's either because I just don't remember, or they didn't fuss, or I didn't realize what was happening to cause their fusiness. But with Grayson, I knew the exact moment that little sucker popped through.

Trey got his first tooth at five months old. I think Ally got hers at about the same time (I'm sure I wrote it down in her baby book, but I'm too lazy to go look it up. Plus if Ally sees me with it, we'll have to look through all of her baby stuff again, and I don't really feel like doing that tonight). Back when Grayson was two months old, I could see the tops of his bottom teeth through the gums, and he was drooling like crazy, so I thought he would be the record-holder on that, too (biggest baby, most hair, earliest tooth. Kid's winning trophies left and right and he can't even walk yet!). But five months came and went and no tooth. After seven months, I began to get a little concerned, so I turned to my good pal, Google, and he said that it can take up to a year for babies to get their teeth (have you met my friend, Google? He knows everything!). So I relaxed on that.

And then, Sunday the 11th, he was NOT happy. He can get pretty cranky sometimes, but this time was different. I could tell right away that he was in pain. He kept throwing his head back and arching his back as he let out shriek after shriek. Poor guy! I kept putting my finger on his gums to help relieve the pain. No tooth, no tooth, no tooth. And then, suddenly, there was a tooth! It happened that fast. No wonder he was hurting so much.

And now he has his first little pearly white. I didn't even get to see it for a couple of days because he was constantly playing with it with his tongue. And I've yet to get a picture of it (sorry!), but it's definitely there.

Another milestone met. Even though it came later than his siblings', this little boy's still growing up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment