Friday, October 9, 2015

Just a Couple of Notes Written When I Probably Should've Been Sleeping Instead

I forgot how taxing work is. My whole body ached after I got home from work today. Especially my feet. Me feety no likey. But I also forgot how good it feels to contribute financially to the family. I mean, I get a paycheck tomorrow. A paycheck! Me! With my own name on it and everything. That is pretty dang spectacular.

I said "dang" there because apparently, "darn" is a bad word. Trey told me so. And he knows that because his grandfather told him. The grandfather who died when he was a baby. Yeah, him. He told Trey that he shouldn't say "darn". Or so Trey says anyway. (For those of you who don't know my family geneology, Trey has a grand total of three grandfathers and they are all still alive and well. He has never lost a grandfather. So, take from what you will.)

And working around all this fried food is harder than I thought it would be. I've worked really hard to eat healthier and fresher over the last year and a half or so, and I've really grown to love and crave fresh vegetables and fruits. But there's something about deep-fat-fried tater tots with creamy cheddar cheese in the middle that is so darn, I mean dang, tempting! And why does crispy fried chicken smell so good? Why??

And Trey thinks I smell dang delicious. He told me that, too. Not in so many words, but that was the point he was trying to get across.

Oh, and I punch in with my fingerprint. How flippin' fancy is that! (Trey's dead, not-dead, grandfather hasn't said anything against "flippin'", at least not that I'm aware of, so I hope it's okay that I use that there.) I feel like a secret agent! Just, you know, one who wears a chef's jacket, an apron, and who is covered in chicken breading. One of those secret agents. Yeeaahh...

Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment