Tuesday, October 6, 2015

"Ponderizing"

For those of you who didn't see Brother Devin G. Durrant's talk during General Conference, "ponderize" means to ponder on and memorize a verse of scripture. He challenged us to "ponderize" one verse a week for a month, a year, 20 years...however long we would like to. He promised that great power will come of doing this as we turn our thoughts towards our Heavenly Father and His Word and away from the negative things of the world. In essence, if we put more of the good in, it will push more of the bad out.

I want to start with a challenge to "ponderize" a verse each week until the end of the year.

This week, my verse is Doctrine and Covenants 4:7 "Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

Hopefully, I'll be able to write more about why I chose this scripture tomorrow. It's a pretty neat story. I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment